Make your tail wagger feel special this festive season. It’s really not fair when its only you who devours all the sweets and mouth watering delicacies. Isn’t your pooch a family member who deserves the similar attention and pampering as any other family member deserves? So, here, we shall share with you some of the most tasty, mouth watering and tempting treats that your dog would love. Read on and experiment!!
A. Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups of flour (use corn flour if your pooch is allergic to wheat))
- four tablespoons of rolled oats
- three tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
- two tablespoons of honey
- one tablespoon of fish oil
- one cup of water
- Toss in the flour and oats in a big bowl. Add in half cup of water. Mix it till the flour and oats blend into a whipped (cream like) consistency.
- Now, add peanut butter and fish oil to this mixture. Mix thorough it with a big spoon. Add the remaining half cup of water, honey and fish oil. Work through this mixture with your fingers or a spatula. Make sure that there is a doughy consistency to the mix.
- Further, make small cookie balls with the dough and place them on a microwave friendly plate. The plate must be covered by a butter paper , on top of which the dough balls should be spread!
- Let the oven preheat to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Serve once the cookies cool down.
B. Frozen Yogurt Pops
- 5 cups of plain yogurt
- 2 cups of watermelon pieces
- 2 cups of berries (blue berries, rasp berries etc)
- Swish in the yogurt, watermelon pieces and berries into a bowl and blend it thoroughly.
- Pour this mix into a molds and set it in the refrigerator.
- Freeze overnight. Trust me, your pooch will love you for this marvelous treat.
C. Beef and Vegetable Balls
- 2 cups of minced and cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups of mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup of Cilantro (kothambir)
- 2 tablespoons of fish/ olive oil
- Pressure cook or stir fry the minced chicken breasts in fish oil or olive oil
- Separately boil and cook sweet potatoes. Once cooked and cooled, mash them.
- Mix the minced chicken breasts and sweet potato in a bowl. Blend them thoroughly and add chopped cilantro to this mixture.
- Make small balls out of them and serve it.
D. Chicken and Sweet Potato Treat
- Cooked Chicken
- Half cooked Sweet Potato
- Chopped Cilantro/Kothimbir
- Cut long strips of the cooked chicken, carrot and uncooked sweet potato.
- Tie up the carrot and sweet potato strips with the strips of chicken.
- Sprinkle this treat with cilantro and serve.